Under-eye dark circles and bags – the bane of many women’s beauty routine. How many products and remedies have you tried, let alone heard about? As a naturally dark-circled girl, I take great excitement in these two products, either of which I use every single day and which most importantly work. I can’t be bothered with thick and heavy concealers, I want to pat something on and go – which is why I love these two so much. Now, the only thing left to do is choose which one is best for you!
Garnier Roll-On Anti-dark Circles Light ($18.95)
- There’s a lot of product (15mL) for the price – I can’t see this one running out any time soon!
- While Garnier claim the metal roller ball will cool and de-puff your eyes, I think it’s a bit unrealistic. To effectively cool and de-puff, the roller ball would need to roll over your socket more than once – which would leave a huge and unworkable amount of product on your skin! One roll delivers the right amount of product, so that claim can be debunked.
- The product effectively covers dark circles with a radiant finish, lightening the under-eye area.
- It is easily worked into the skin – what you want when working around the delicate eye area.
Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector ($59.00)
- Love the sleek, luxe gold packaging. This is an item you’ll definitely want to whip out in front of others in the bathroom.
- Blends easily into the skin, no need for rough rubbing or pulling of the under-eye area.
- I love the brush tip applicator as it allows for more precise application; I can get it right into the corners of my eyes.
- The brush tip allows for more versatile use; apply a line down the bridge of your nose for a slimming illusion, or my favourite, trace a line across the top of your lips and lightly blend for Angelina lips in a second!
- One click delivers enough product, which helps eliminate wastage.
- Effective coverage of dark circles with fantastic illumination and brightening of the under-eye area.
So, what do you think? Would you dish out a little more cash for some versatility and the luxe golden outer that is Clarins? Or would you rather stick to your budget and go the Garnier? I would love to know!